Friday, April 16, 2010

::: Halftime :::

Hi there,
it's halftime at my show, up to now I sold four pieces. That makes me very happy and excited. I also got great feedback from different and unexpected people. Most people were amazed about me printing my etchings on fabric, and some of them also said that they want to try it. It is always good to be an inspiration for other people. - The thing about fabric is, it is almost like paper, it is not thicker or so, just be careful about other things attached to the fabric like metal/buttons/zippers etc. It could damage your plate or worse the press.
I did dampen my fabric very lightly and inked the plate as usual. the result is very nice.

On another note, I did send out work to three competitions. Two pieces went to the Footprint Competition in Norwalk, CT, two to the competition in Hilo, Hawaii and also two to a competition in Christchurch, New Zealand at the University of Canterbury. Wish me luck that I will be accepted and shown at all three shows.

I will keep you posted. - And ... happy weekend to everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of printing etchings onto fabric. They would look great made into bags, pillows etc. Maybe not what you're into but it's good to look at alternatives for sale. Lovely birch aquatint!

    ReplyDelete